St. Rita Links
Altar Servers assist the priest during the liturgies. Their roles include by carrying the processional cross and sometimes incense and candles. They hold the proper liturgical book for the presider and perform other functions that enable the celebration to flow in a reverential manner. This ministry is open to all youth and adults, 5th grade or older. Training is required and provided. If you are interested please contact Deacon Jim Olinger.
Eucharistic Ministers distribute the Body and Blood of Christ to fellow Catholics at Mass. They assist with set up of Communion vessels prior to Mass, assist Mass celebrant with the distribution of Holy Communion, and properly clean and store the vessels after Mass. This ministry is open to those who have received the Sacrament of Confirmation. Training is provided. If you are interested please contact Matt Ruttle, 278-5815.
Lectors proclaim the scripture at all Masses, Sundays and weekdays, and special liturgies such as Vespers. The ministry of the lector is of utmost importance to the life of the Church, for the lector proclaims God’s living word. If you are interested please contact Matt Ruttle, 278-5815.
In Music Ministry , parishioners of all ages can become involved in many ways, primarily through the singing assembly. Below is a description o how one can participate. If interested in any one of them, please contact Marianne Pitts at Precious Blood 937-274-5954.
- ADULT CHOIR: This choir regularly leads the community’s sung prayer for Sunday and major holydays throughout the year.
- INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC MINISTRY: Parishioners who play musical instruments are invited to consider sharing their talent with the community. Instrumentalists are always welcome, especially during the Christmas and Easter seasons.
- CANTORING: The role of the cantor is to support and lead the singing assembly and to proclaim psalms. To this end, cantors must be competent not only as singers but as leaders of prayer. Persons interested in becoming a parish cantor need not be members of any choir. Cantors provide leadership in singing Sunday and Holy Day Masses and parish celebrations of the Liturgy of the Hours.
The Ministers of Hospitality Ushers and Greeters are there to greet current members and to assist/direct visitors. They are also there to help with members of the congregation who require special assistance. At the end of Sunday Mass they distribute bulletins. If you are interested please contact Matt Ruttle for ushers or Mike Nieport for greeters.
Volunteers bring Holy Communion to homebound parishioners and also to area nursing home patients on a weekly basis and on a schedule which is mutually advantageous to all. Service to the homebound at their residence is usually because of chronic medical or other circumstances that keep them from coming to church. If you are interested please contact Matt Ruttle.
- To serve as a vehicle of dialogue and communication among members of the Parish Family.
- To encourage communication among all members of the parish and will resolve conflicts in the practical working out of programs of various committees, associations, and commissions.
- To provide advice and counsel to the Pastor.
Community Outreach Ministries
Our three parishes have a conference dedicated to serving the impoverished within our geographical parish boundaries. Together, these Vincentians manage and run a food pantry, collect food and gift cards for Christmas gift baskets, conduct drives to collect items for Fill the House, and offer financial assistance to those desperately needing help with home or utility expenses. Parishioners support this outreach ministry through contributions by use of designated Sunday collection envelopes and by supporting specific fundraisers throughout the year. If you need assistance call 937-771-6773. If you are interested in joining please contact Bonnie Vitangeli at 937-219-0271.